We are committed to keeping your details private and only using information in accordance with Data Protection legislation.
We do not release your details to third parties save as required by law. If you provide us with information either by registering with us or e-mailing an enquiry to us then this information will only be used by us in three ways:
- For dealing with your enquiry, contacting you (by e-mail or otherwise) in that connection; and
- To provide you with other relevant information from time to time.
- Marketing analysis purposes
If any of your details change please update us. If you would prefer not to receive marketing information from us for example our updates on developments within the service or similar information, or if you initially agreed to receive information from us but have subsequently reconsidered, then please inform us.
Use of this site is deemed to demonstrate acceptance of these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these terms, please do not use this site. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of this policy at any time.
Please check this page periodically for any modifications. Your continued use of the AES site following the posting of any changes to these terms shall mean that you have accepted those changes.
General Data Protection Regulation
The new EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into force on 25 May 2018. The regulation will impact all organisations that hold or process personal data and introduces new responsibilities. It introduces new responsibilities, including the need to demonstrate compliance, more stringent enforcement and substantially increased penalties than the current Data Protection Act. In preparation for the adoption of the GDPR, AES have been building upon our existing management systems to ensure compliance and have implemented relevant policies and practices in order to ensure we protect any data handled by ourselves.
- We will process all personal data fairly and lawfully.
- We will only process personal data for specified and lawful purposes.
- We will endeavour to hold relevant and accurate personal data, and where practical, we will keep it up to date.
- We will not keep personal data for longer than is necessary.
- We will keep all personal data secure.
- We will endeavour to ensure that personal data is not transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) without adequate protection.
Like most website operators, AES Group collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. AES Group’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how AES Group’s visitors use its website. From time to time, AES Group may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
AES Group also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on http://www.aesgrp.com blog posts. AES Group only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to AES Group’s websites choose to interact with AES Group in ways that require AES Group to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that AES Group gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who sign up for a blog at http://www.aesgrp.com to provide a username and email address.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links To External Sites
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites, products or services.
AES Group may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its website and may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, AES Group does not disclose your personally-identifying information.
What Are Cookies
For more general information on cookies see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
- Site preferences cookies:
- In order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
Third Party Cookies
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
- For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site. However if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods: