AES Group have an Environmental Policy which establishes our position in addressing all issues associated to the environment and defines that we are committed to minimising the environmental impact of our operations, preventing pollution and the continual improvement of our performance associated to the environment.
This commitment extends to all of our activities, wherever they take place, which have the potential to adversely affect the environment. We aim to reduce environmental harm, minimise the use of energy and other resources and ensure that the principles of sustainable development are operated throughout the range of activities in which we are engaged.
AES Group are certified to the ISO 14001 Environmental Management Accreditation standard which demonstrates our ability to take into account the environmental impact of our operations whilst maintaining and delivering exceptional services. This framework has enabled us to meet our environmental responsibilities as well as legal and regulatory requirements.
We are committed to continuously improve our environmental performance and prevent pollution by:
- Complying with relevant legislation, regulations and other relevant requirements.
- Setting realistic objectives and targets for each of our most significant environmental impacts.
- Minimising our energy consumption and encouraging the use of less polluting forms of transport whenever possible such as “cycle to work”.
- Minimising the amount of waste produce through reduction, recovery and recycling.
- Training all employees on environmental issues.
- Regularly reviewing our environmental management system.
Through the use of virtualization technology, we have reduced the number of physical servers to less than 40%, which equates to: *
– Taking 35 cars off the road every year.
– Reducing our carbon emissions by 190 tons per year.
– Planting 620 trees.
All of our internet servers are powered by 100% renewable energy, which equates to: *
– Taking 6 cars off the road every year.
– Reducing our carbon emissions by 33 tons per year.
– Planting 110 trees.
*All figures are approximate